Hi, this is Annika. I am glad you like our blog. We are having a good time, and we like sharing it with you. Our family has a wonderful view of things on roofs out our hotel window. Here's a view of the city. The city is very crammed, and the rooftops look dull. Mostly we don't get on our roofs in Escalante and Boulder unless we're fixing leaks or something. In China, people get on their roofs every morning and exercise. They do Tai Chi. There is a man in yellow pants that has a garden on his roof. The garden is really the thing that keeps the world from being too dull. It is beautiful.
Every morning the man exercises in his garden. Today when I saw the man in the yellow pants, he was coming out to exercise. When he started to exercise, I did what he did. It was like he was my teacher, but he didn't know he was teaching me to exercise. This picture is the view of his garden. The flat place right in the middle of the picture is where he exercises, and you can kind of see plants (the green things) that make up his garden on the roof.
Here is another view of the city from our window. You can see the air is not clear like it is at home. It is smoggy.
Another thing that people do on their roofs is hang clothes out. Some of you might have clothes lines, but maybe they're not on your roof. Can you see the lady in blue hanging out quilts to dry? People also hang their clothes out their windows to dry. They must be very talented, because what if it was a windy day? They would have to make sure their clothes didn't blow away!
Can you see the clothes in the window in the middle of this picture?
Now I will answer some of your questions about our trip. Yes, we both used the squatty potty. Mom wanted us to do it just to have an experience. I was good with it, and Cayanna thought it was a nightmare. But our brother, Asa, wants to use the squatty potty every time he goes to the bathroom! He freaks out about the other kind. Keep sending us emails! We love to hear from you!
Annika

Annika,
ReplyDeleteWe love hearing all about your trip. Now the whole class wants to learn how to do tai chi. I have a book about tai chi for kids, and also a video for kids. We will have to practice when you get back. Here is what your 3rd grade friends wrote to you after reading your latest post:
We watched the video of Asa again and giggled a lot. You probably learning a lot from that man doing tai chi. Did Cayanna ask what you were doing? (Shelby)
Your little brother is silly. I'm glad Asa did not get sick from eating all of the candy. On spring break I will talk to you. Have you seen what you bought for our class store? I am excited to see it. (Bree)
That is so cool that people go on their roof gardens. That's funny that your little brother wants to use that toilet every time. He is so cute. I miss you guys so much. (Sage)
Does your little brother get bored eating candy? I wish you were here, and your brother and sister, because on my presentation I'm going to do it on don't eat candy. (Ashley)
I want to try some sugar cane. It sounds good. Did the guy cut the outer part because it was hard? (Caitlynn)
We look at your blog every day. I can't stop thinking about Asa. Are you in love with the fun in China? (Caiti)
Do people stand on the hotel roofs like the people stand on the roofs of their houses? I hope you are having a good time. (Autumn)
I thought it was fun that you learned tai chi from that man. I think it would be cool to plant a garden on a roof. Do you copy him every morning? (Shianne)
Will you teach me some tai chi? I like the gardens on the roofs. I also like how you did tai chi. (Tyree)
I think it's funny that you copied that man. Have you seen any rocks on the top of some roofs? Asa is so funny since he wanted to use the squatty potty, but that's probably because he's used to it. (Sam,)
If you could bring us some sugar cane I would like that. I did not know that people went up on their roofs. (Aspen)
You are sure taking some great pictures to show us. I saw your hands and camera in one of the pictures. Your classmates are so excited to hear all about your trip. What an amazing adventure you are having. I wish I could be there too. Have another fun day.
Aunt Beth/Mrs. Christensen