Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A New Beginning


Cayanna and I were so excited on the day we got Asa that we could barely wait, but we had to.  We waited until 3:30 and then it was finally time to go to the Civil Affairs office.  I was excited when we entered the door. Cayanna  and I knew right off which one was Asa, because  he had a familiar  backpack, and it was the backpack our mom sent him.  Asa was calm except shy at the first, but he got used to us very quickly.  He knew how to use a magnetic drawing board.

My mom asked a girl what his favorite food is, and she said candy, and I believe that because he got into my sack of treats at the hotel room and didn't want to let go.  We got him a flashlight with candy in it, and he already ate half of it at the Civil Affairs office.  Also at the hotel, he saw some chocolate eggs and we tried to get them back from them.  He said, "I want some chocolate!" in Chinese.

Today we finished the adoption papers and he is a member of our family.

I like all the notes that you guys sent us.  I'll answer more of your questions when we come back.  We're going shopping on Shamian Island right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment