You can see in these pictures what it looks like.
Here is the dried, smashed pulp. The drink looked sort of like lemonade but not as dark in color. It tasted sweet and divine.
When you want to buy sugar cane to chew on it, the person who's selling it peels off the outer part of it. Then he wraps one end of it in plastic because it's sticky like most sugar.
It's delicious!
Hi, Classmates! We are having a great time in China. No, Asa didn't get sick from eating all the candy, but he WAS pretty wild for awhile! When we saw Asa's pictures, he looked really sad, but he is the opposite of sad. He is all hyper and happy. Thanks for the comments. They make me feel like I'm both at home and in China!
Zai Jian!
Cayanna,
ReplyDeleteThe whole class LOVED your latest posting. The pictures were great, and we learned a lot about sugar cane. Now everyone wants to try it. Here's what the 4th graders had to say;
Can you bring some sugar cane home for me? (Jaydan)
On a scale of one to ten, how good was the sugar cane? I would like to try some. I would love the drink. I might also try the cane. (Patrick)
How many sugar canes have you had? I would like to try sugar cane too. You posted some really neat pictures on your blog. We miss you. (Jakob)
Hi, this is Kaia. I wish you were ghere. We are having a good time at school. Shaylee and I are lonely without you. I am happy that even though you're in China I can still see you and talk to you.
Is your little brother a lot of fun? Is the Chinese food good at all? I just noticed that you are all the way around the world. That would be so much fun to go around the world. (Your friend, Gracie)
We think your blog is great. I liked the picture of you eating sugar cane. Do you really like it? It looks tough. (Chris)
Hi Cayanna. Has your brother eaten all the candy that you have? I like candy too, but not like him. I won't be blogging from my new house in Escalante, because we don't have a computer. (Kobe)
I hope Asa is having fun meeting you. I want you to bring him to our school when you get home. He sounds really fun. Will you bring him? (Cache)
We saw the video of your little brother giggling. Were you scared when you almost fell in the scorpions? (Chris)
I loved the sugar cane. I would like to try one. Which is your favorite, juiced or solid? I also miss you so much. Kaia and I want to hug you. I love the picture of you eating sugar cane. (Shaylee)
As you can see everyone misses you, but they are happy that you are having such a great adventure. We can hardly wait to log on every morning and see what you have been doing. Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We learned yesterday that everyone in China celebrates their birthday on the same day, the 7th day of Chinese New Year. You'll have to tell us how you celebrated your birthday in China.
Zai jian for now,
Mrs. Christensen/Aunt Beth