Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hello From China!

Hi, this is Cayanna again!  My family and I got off the plane after a long ride.  Our plane ride was exhausting and entertaining.  Each seat had its own TV and remote.


When we got to the hotel, we traded our U.S. money for yuans.  Yuans are Chinese money, but yuans are worth less than U.S. money.  About six yuans equal one dollar.


Then we walked down the streets and went shopping.  There were jade, different animals for pets like chipmunks, turtles, kittens and puppies.  There were also big barrels of live scorpions!  I don’t think they were pets.  I think they were food.  People eat them here.  There were also big spice and tea stores with little tea pots and cups.

We were on the street at the busiest time of day.  It was hard to walk without bumping in to people.  In the whole city of Guangzhou there are 13 million people!  (That’s more than the whole state of Utah.)  Lots of Chinese people were staring at us because we were with Americans and we were speaking English.  Some people talked to us in Chinese, but we didn’t know what they were saying.

I will write tomorrow about meeting my brother.   

No comments:

Post a Comment