Thursday, March 29, 2012

Strange Vehicles Carrying Strange Things


Hi, this is Annika reporting from the other half of the world.  China has a lot of  different vehicles that you won't see in Escalante.  I know probably most of you ride bikes in Escalante and Boulder.  In China not everyone has cars so they ride bikes a lot too.  They latch on a lot of stuff to carry from place to place.  I have seen bikes carrying big water jugs, boards, boxes and huge sacks full of stuff.  Some of the stuff they carry towers over the person riding the bike.

 There are also three-wheeled bikes called rickshaws.  People use them a lot the same way we use pickup trucks at home.  People carry big loads of stuff if they can't fit it onto a regular bike.  Once we saw a huge load of sand in the back of a rickshaw.  We figured out that the sand would weigh several hundred pounds!  Can you imagine pedaling a rickshaw that heavy?



I passed a rickshaw with a man sleeping in the back.  I think he was tired of pulling heavy loads!
The last picture is of a mystery vehicle.  I don't know what it is.  I want you guys to see if you can figure out what it's supposed to be and what it's supposed to do.
 





Zai jian  for now I miss you. 

1 comment:

  1. We are always so happy to hear about your adventures, and see your smiling face in the pictures. here is what your classmates said wrote today:

    Would you like to ride a vehicle there? I would not. I think I would rather stay here. Your brother is SO cute. (Patrick)

    It looks like you are having an awesome time in China. I love the pictures of the bikes you put on your blog. The last picture, that you didn't know what the tank was, I bet it was a tank that carried water. (Kaia)

    Did you get to ride in a rickshaw? I like the picture of the man sleeping in his vehicle. You did a great job explaining how thing tower over them as they bike carrying big loads. (Shaylee)

    I think the mysterious vehicle was full of water. How is everything in China? You have posted great pictures. I would like to go to China some day. We miss you. (Jakob)

    Did you want to ride in the rickshaw? I would, because it looks like fun to me. I want you guys to come back so we can see your brother. (Chris)

    Did you and Cayanna get to ride in a rickshaw? I don't know what they mystery vehicle is, but I think it might store sewage. (Kobe)

    Do you like the food there? Do you miss us at all? I like the pictures of the sugar cane. (Gracie)

    Zai jian for now. We are so happy you are sharing your trip with us. You are doing a great job blogging. We like hearing about everything you see and do.
    Aunt Beth/Mrs. Christensen

    ReplyDelete