Sunday, April 1, 2012

Seeing Asa's Orphanage

Hi, this is Annika, and I'm telling you about our adventure at Asa's orphanage.  The drive was kind of long, and I got kind of tired of driving by the time we got there.  The place where the orphanage is isn't as crowded as it is at the hotel.  It looks like it is in the forest a little bit.  When we were walking down the path, we walked by a place that looked like a big pasture.

Along the way, we saw trees with green bananas that weren't yellow yet.  We were pretending to try to get to them.
This is us standing by the gate to enter the orphanage.
This is a picture of the map of the orphanage.  You would think that an orphanage would be only one building, but Asa's orphanage is lots of buildings close together.  There was a hospital and different buildings for different ages of kids.  About one thousand kids are still at Asa's orphanage.
 This is the play room that Asa used to play in with the other kids.
 This one is the dance and music room.  We met Asa's teacher for his preschool and his nanny.
 The lady in the middle is the nanny, and the one on the right side is our guide named Kathy.  Asa got a little nervous when he saw the orphanage because he didn't want to stay there any more.  He hung onto Mom the whole time and wouldn't get down from her arms.

The orphanage people didn't let us take pictures of the kids, so that's why they aren't in any of the pictures.  We did take pictures of the rooms though.  Here is a picture of a bedroom.  Each bedroom had many beds very close together.  Cayanna is standing next to Asa's bed where he used to sleep.
 I'm glad I could tell you about our trip to the orphanage, and I'm glad we went.  I hope you're enjoying your spring break.  We are flying to Beijing tomorrow.  Zai Jian for now!

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    If I were to be Asa, I would not want to stay there eather. Did you go to all of the buildings? I'm enjoying my spring break,but I'm sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got to see where Asa lived. 1,0000 kids is almost as many people as there are in Escalante and Boulder together. I bet Asa was scared he would have to stay there. He looks a little scared in the picture with your mom. I wonder what Asa will think of Boulder and your house? It will be so different for him. Have another great day.
    Zap jian,
    Aunt Beth/mrs. Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    That is so sad that there's 1,000 kids who don't have parents.I wouldn't blame Asa for not wanting to go back there.I bet he's glad he has a real family.For spring break today we went to a place sorta near near your home,Upper Calf Creek falls.It was beautiful!!!! I really enjoyed it.I hope you are enjoying your trip as much as much as I enjoyed Calf Creek. Hopefully even more!
    Your classmate,
    Shianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    It looks like you are really enjoying your spring break. I think it is really sad that 1000 kids are still in Asa's orphanage. I am sure he is happy to be part of your family. I am enjoying my spring break too. We spent the night in St. George. I went swimming and saw the movie "Mirror, Mirror". I can't wait to read your next blog post.
    Caiti

    ReplyDelete